Friday, July 3, 2015

A Vintage Santos Angel


A friend asked me to make an angel for her to give as a gift. Here is the 
Santos Angel
I made for her using several pieces from 


Most Santos Dolls are simple in an elegant design. I tried to keep this one in line with that idea.

I used a
hanging from a chain in the middle with various stampings only to decorate the base of the



The beautiful Santos Art Doll Paper Cut was perfect for the face of the Angel.

The Wings and Sunburst Halo were painted with Metallic Gold, Silver and Copper paints and highlighted with Patinas. The blue paints from PaperArtsy are Fresco Acrylic Paints


The stamps on the bodice and arms are from


I added permanent brown inks to the cross and highlighted with Turquoise Inka Gold.

The stamp on the legs is from Finnabair's collection Net and Wire...which I LOVE! The base stamp is from Trust the Magic.

I hope she likes her present. It's the first piece I've done on commission so I'm invested in this one.

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

10 comments:

Barbara Rankin said...

I love her. You did such an amazing job decorating her. TFS

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow. Simply wow. I love that stamping and the simplicity that is so NOT simple! She's perfection. Of course - she's an angel after all!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

I love her - she is beautiful and the colors are wonderful. As always, a gorgeous project!

Jackie PN said...

Linda, she is gorgeous! And I love the stamps you used-some of my favorites!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

She's so gorgeous! I adore the turquoise and the stamping! I'm sure your friend will LOVE her! xoxo

Candy C said...

Linda...she is absolutely stunning!!! I love Santos dolls. Yours is exquisite!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

I'm passionate about Lynne Perrella and so glad to see her stamps incorporated in this beautiful project!

Linda M. Cain said...

She is amazing. She creates detail like no other!

FraniQ said...

She is such a beautiful work of art! ♥