Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Flaming Heart Ex Vos II

This Heart stole my heart. 

It's just one of many wonderful pieces from
that you can find at 


It is a Relics and Artifacts piece in the Flaming Heart Ex Votos II set here.

I painted it with several DecoArt Fluid Acrylics and added some of
 Andy Skinner's fabulous Dirty Wash mixture. (The man is Genius)

I used Coral Red Gilder's Paste Patina and Gold Inka Gold  as well. 
The center is a Rub-on from the Tim Holtz Apothecary sheet. It worked out really great!
There is a hole in the top of the Heart so it can be used as an ornament or in my case, I added a jump ring and a piece of black ribbon to create a pendant necklace.  Or, how bout a piece of this cool new
So many possibilities!
Thank for stopping by.
Linda

8 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the awesome colors and what a cool idea with the rub-on (which looks lovely)!

Julie Lee said...

Wow! The rub-on worked so well, especially against the red. Andy Skinner's product sounds such a great way to age a piece - love what you did with this ex voto. xxx

Kirsten said...

That is beautiful.

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

It's stealing my heart too! Beautiful piece!!!

Anonymous said...

This is really impressive. The rub on adds so much depth to this piece. It just lovely.

Thank you for sharing,
Sara Tann

Jackie PN said...

Linda, this is absolutely exquisite!!
This looks like a vintage piece- I love it!!xx

mamablitger said...

Linda this heart is just fabulous. Gosh you transformed it into a piece of ART. You are so talented. I love your idea of adding rub- ons. I did'nt know that it was possible to make them adhere. Thank you for sharing this. I will keep it on my " to do list".....
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Wanda Maria said...

I absolutely love this!!! Beautiful!!!