Friday, September 19, 2014

A Special Place for a Skeleton!

 I found this cool little box at Hobby Lobby and just had to have it. I seem to collect anything wooden that looks remotely interesting.
 
Anyway, it looked like a perfect little Halloween box to decorate! 

 

This is the front with German Scrap on the bottom with my little wooden Punkins that I painted.
 
The Candelabra and Cat are Masonite cut outs from Retro Cafe Art Gallery...of course, as well as the Bat on top.
 
The papers and stickers are all from Graphic 45.


You open the door and Viola! Here's what you get!

With a little adjustment, the Skeleton fit into the box...bend carefully and the chipboard will be OK. 

The Pumpkins are colored with 2 colors of Inka Gold. and the Spider is painted and penned.
 
Boo is from the Newsprint Word Collage Cut Outs.


I love the checkered papers along the sides and tops. Perfect fit here.


You can see the different layers of UTEE on the Bat Cut Out and the Purple Glitter Glue on the Spider.


I painted the Candelabra white and added Sharpie Markers in blue and purple. Mr. Cat has Black Distress Stickles on him.
 
The Orange German Scrap was sanded and then the Inka Golds were added.
 
Black Cats and Happy Haunting are stickers from G45.

The little wooden Punkins are fun to paint with Liquid Pearls, and their faces are added with a fine black Sharpie pen.

 
 
And this is the back.....Gotta LOVE those pumpkin letters!!!
Check out all the great products at
Retro Cafe Art Gallery...Kristin will fix you right up!

That's it for today.... this little box needs a Special friend....I think I'll send it on it's way.

Linda

Retro Cafe Art Gallery Products:
Inka Gold-Copper and Green Yellow

5 comments:

Helen said...

Linda what a gorgeous Halloween box, those pumpkins are fantastic!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

This box is so cool! I love how you incorporated so many goodies. The skeleton on the inside is perfect, and I love what you did with the inside door! xoxo

Debby said...

Cool box! Love to see your Halloween creations!

Cocofolies said...

Fun and cute project haha!! Also love to see your Halloween ATCs, boxes and other creations... All always great. :) ~Coco x

Julie S said...

You always make me want to run out and buy something to alter after I see your amazing projects. Love this!