Wednesday, March 5, 2014

ATB Embossed Metal (Steampunk) Robot

Visions of the Past.

This little guy was just so much fun to make. He's done with blocks from the Eileen Hull ATB die that was showcased at CHA. The Altered Trading Block dies are really great to work with and they're IN STOCK at the Inspiration Emporium link below!!!



His fun smile is a piece of a brass gear cut to fit the circle embossed area. Computer parts make up his nose and goggles. The eyes are just silver metal pieces I painted to look like eyeballs.


I started by using Vintaj Patina Paints on Metal Foil Tape that I'd embossed with the Blue Print and Gears Texture Fades embossing folders. I sanded back the tops to reveal the silver. Then I cut them out about 1/4" smaller than the blocks.


I added them to blocks that were painted black.. Then a Faucet Knob that's dipped in Ultra-Thick Embossing Enamel and heat embossed is added to the back.


 The Arms are a combination of a Word Key, a Clock Key and  Antique Brass Love You Hand Charms. Metal wire was also wrapped around the key.


He has a Mini Gear added with a Screw Eye. The computer component adds a little fun as a dangle. The Light Bulb is colored with Sunshine and Butterscotch  Alcohol Ink, and curled copper wires are also added to his head. Two tiny lightbulbs were added in the front.



His Large Steampunk Heart Pendant was painted with acrylic paints to make them stand out better, and another Mini Gear was glued onto the right. I cut the loop off the pendant and sanded it down. The 2 dowels are used for his neck.

The legs are wooden pieces with tiny spools on top of Bingo numbers aka Game Pieces painted black, and a Sprocket Gear. Love it when things just fit together!

The hardest part was making him balanced enough to stand. So the slider feet out of chipboard made him much more stable.

Hope you enjoyed this little step-out. Try using your metal and Vintaj paints to create some wonderful pieces of ART.

Check out all the links on each product. Most can be found at Inspiration Emporium or Retro Cafe Art Gallery. Use my code iecain81 for  10% off you Inspiration Emporium order.

Linda 

27 comments:

Elaine A said...

Linda,

I love this little guy! He is just so darn adorable!! You really have given him character!!

Elaine Allen

Karenliz Henderson said...

He's wonderful!

eileen hull said...

Cutest. Robot. EVER! I love him!

sam21ski said...

Wow he looks sooooo cool - fantastic, love him xxx

Amy* said...

This is capital A amazing Linda...it's like you were born to make ATB's! You rock the block like no one else :)

Amy*

Meme said...

Ok he is just a little metal stud! I love it! You ROCKED this metal man! Who knew a square block could be so much fun!

Hels Sheridan said...

wow, he is soooo freakin cool! LOVE HIM x

Kathi said...

This is so freakin' brilliant!

I totally love everything about it. That smile is genius.

Pinning it.

Linda O'Connor said...

Oh, Linda.....so adorable. You talented lady!
The other Linda

Createology said...

I am quite enchanted with Mr. Steampunk Robot. Very Creative of you...

Wendy Bellino said...

Love this little guy! He looks like a Disney character!

Belinda Basson said...

Love all the bits and bobs you have used to create him. Great job! Very inspirational too.

barbarayaya62 said...

Love this robot! Your creativity is absolutely extraordinary!!!!! BArbarayaya

Helen said...

Saw this briefly on twitter last night but didn't have time to come check out the blog - it looks fabulous!! The embossed metal works perfectly for this little guy!

PaperArtsy said...

I think I need a robot like that! So cool xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Stunning xx

Jackie PN said...

Are you kidding? Your boxes turned Robot are out of this world!! (heehee)
Seriously Fab Linda- you totally rocked this! hugs ")

Art By Wanda said...

Linda, this is sooooooo amazing!!! Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love!! He is the cutest robot I've ever seen & you've embellished him perfectly.

Words and Pictures said...

He's put a huge smile on my face - wowzer... inspiration overload!
Alison x

Seth said...

He is a fantastic creation Linda. So much fun and with so much personality!

Jenny Marples said...

That is so incredibly clever Linda! Love the way the Vintaj panels work here and your genius ideas for joining this little fella together. Jenny x

Sandy said...

You tickle me pink! I could have a relationship with this guy - he is so happy and so much fun!!!!!
Sandy xx

Candy C said...

Linda...this just blows me away! I swear, your creativity just makes me shake my head and wonder where it keeps coming from. This dimentional robot is just the coolest! Hugs, Candy

Unknown said...

This is so much fun Linda!!

Lori said...

Really fabulous project! Love this little guy!

ionabunny said...

OMG, he is so gorgeous. Made me smile. Must give this a go. What a happy chappy. Does he need a new home?????.......