Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Year in Review-What's Your Favorite

I did a post like this last year and it was fun to see how things change but seem to come back around.
 
Here are just some of the highlights of my projects along the way this year with new products.

I joined in Guest Designing for PaperArtsy (which I am thrilled to do again this year) and joined the Retro Cafe Art Gallery Design Team. I was also honored to be a Guest Designer with StencilGirls.

Lots of pictures; very few words. Enjoy.
 
 I started with a tag... 
 
 Then a PaperArtsty project on wood substrate.

 This Exploding Box was a real challenge.

 But so worth the time spent.
 
Valentine's Day brought another tag.

 And another Guest Designer piece for PaperArtsy. (one of my favs!)

 This is one I can't seem to part with. LOVE the Lynne Perrella horse stamp.
 
 And an Accordion Card with a Karen Burniston die.
 
 Fresco Paints and PaperArtsy stamps for a journal page.

The Embossed Box ... right up there in favs, too.

I LOVE how this tag with the Pediments die and metal turned out.

 Dylusions Sprays for a journal page.

Retro Cafe Art Mini Shrine on a pedistal.

Finnabair metal embellishments and more for a book cover.

Another tag with Lynne Perrella stamps and paint.

 The Ranger Melt Art project.

 My Scientist with Retro Cafe Art Articulated Man.

 Embossed paper for a Father's Day card with Tim Holtz stamps.

 You can never have Too Much Metal! (I say!)

 This miniature was embellished with rubons and stamps.
 
 Here it is as a necklace going the other way.
  
This 6x12 canvas is layered with Graphic45 Steampunk paper, paint, Grungepaste, stamps and lots of ephemera.

For the leader of the Retro Cafe Art company...Kristin.

My Guest Designer page with Seth Apter's Stencil Girl stencil.

 A Halloween House with Bats, and Spiders and Skulls...oh, my!
 
 Graphic 45 stamps in a Dylusion Journal.

 Halloween! Time for another tag!

 Spooky ATCs are loaded into a stamped-up box from RCA.
 
 Another journal page with stencils and stamps.

 The Bird in the Window page with Pam Carriker's gorgeous stencil. 

Lots to look at with this Shrine from RCA.
 
 
Watercolor leaves with Tim Holtz stamps and UTEE.
 
 
A tag from Creative Chemistry 102 for a background.

DOTD swap was way out of my comfort zone...but I'm getting there.
 
  Kiki page with StencilGirl stencils.
 
 Being Thankful page after all the destruction that hit so close to us.
 
 Christmas Votive House with RCA pieces.

 My take on the new Altered Art Blocks going to CHA soon using Eileen Hull's great die.

 An Articulated Angel from RCA.

 And my metal Luminary with a Tim Holtz-Sizzix die.
 
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who stops by and leaves a comment, and to the wonderful people who have pushed me to be creative with their great products.
 
Life is Good!
 
I'll be back Jan. 1st with some fun Sweetheart Fairies for Valentine's Day.
 
Linda


21 comments:

Linda O'Connor said...

What a great year it has been.

Lisa H said...

Look at all those lovely projects! Lots of eye candy. =)

Linda M. Cain said...

Yes, my friend. We've had a fun year haven't we!

Helen said...

What a great year you had - not sure I could pick out a favourite though, they are all fabulous! Have a wonderful 2014.

tocovya said...

Yours is my most fav blog in the whole wide world. Its the colour, colour, colour colour. Bombarded with it, I love it.
My favourite is the Journal page with the apothecary bottles. thank you for the delights you keep bringing

Julie Lee said...

What a stunning collection! I love each one, but I think my favourites are the exploding box and the Lynne Perrella horse creation! You are an inspiration! Happy and creative 2014! Julie Ann xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Colour, colour and more colour. A feast for the eyes on a grey December day. Thanks for the vibes and inspiration. X

yoursartfully said...

What a fabulous, creative year you've had Linda. So many beautiful projects, I love them all. Happy New Year Linda, looking forward to seeing what you create in 2014.

Lin x

Sandy said...

WOW!!!! I do see some of my very favorites on your list! My favorite? I plead guilty - I love your Halloween makes - so much fun. And those journal pages. 2014 is going to be exciting I can tell!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Wow Linda what a fantastic collection of projects ! Absolutely gorgeous ! Sue C x

Beth Norman said...

They are so fantastic. You are such a talented artist. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Julie S said...

Wow, Linda, your post gave me goosebumps - seriously! What an amazing collection of your work. Love, love, love. Happy New Year!

Jocelyn said...

Linda. AMAZING projects! I loved it all!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic year of work! Amazing inspiration all round - especially to be bolder with colour!!
Alison xx

Marianne/skorpionen said...

wow!!! Amazing projects all of them!! I absolutely loved the exploding box, not just because the look of it, but also when I know how much work such a box is!!
Wishing you a fabolous 2014!
hugs

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous post and retrospective WOW!!! Happy New Year 2014! Crafty hugs, Coco x

Pauline h said...

totally brilliant

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

You. are. amazing. I'm still thrilled and honored to have you on the team! I bow.

Kate Yetter said...

A stunning collection of projects!

Jools Robertson said...

Absolutely stunning, your work is fabulous and is so inspiring!

Kathi said...

I so love your work. I feel like a fan girl! :D

I'm really glad you'll be guesting with Paper Artsy since my new addiction to their Fresco paints, stamps, and such is partly YOUR fault.