Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Carolers Tag

Probably the projects I enjoy the most are making tags.
 
They just come easier for me. And this one I tried to keep simple in design and technique.
 
No embellishments, just some inking and stamping with a touch of heat embossing and penwork thrown in.
 
 
I used the Tattered Pinecone die for the greenery on the lamppost.

 
 
 
Adding that Ripe Persimmon REALLY made this a brightly colored scene. The more layers of color, the richer it becomes, as in 2 layers of yellow.
 
Then I stamped with Olive and Jet Black Archival Ink using the Reindeer Flight set from Tim Holtz.
 
The snowflakes were stamped a 2nd and 3rd time without re-inking the stamp to create a faded effect.
   
 
The Christmas Carols stamp is from Mini Holidays Collection that is stamped on Manila Cardstock with Festive Berries and Mowed Grass Distress Inks then embossed with Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder.  Antique Linen Distress Ink tones down the cardstock.
 
Cut it out and use pens to add shadows, add 3D Foam Squares to the back to glue to tag. I used pens to add more shadows and accents here and there.
 
Check out the links along the way to Inspiration Emporium for supplies I used.
 
It's layered onto black chipboard and 2 simple gold cord bows complete the tag.
 
Be Well and Be Good to Each Other.
 
Linda


10 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your tag and you beautiful Christmas shrine Linda. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas, hugs Annette x

Cocofolies said...

This is really beautiful, I love your inked background Linda, so rich and shining! Have a Merry Christmas! Coco x

Sharon Y said...

Beautiful! Very old fashioned imagery. The colors just pop. Thank You.

SusanK said...

Just gorgeous! A sprinkling of fairy dust and the whole scene come to life!

Christina C. said...

This is amazing......absolutely phenomenal!!!!!!!!

Carol Q said...

I love this Linda. It just glows with Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous tags!!

Anonymous said...

Completely & utterly stunning. The light from the lamppost looks so realistic. Wonderful.

Sandy said...

To have your vision and then be able to make it come to life - I love following and the Retro Cafe is certainly happy I follow you. Beautiful tag Linda!
Merry Christmas Sugar!!
sandy

Maura said...

This is stunning! I love the illumination.
Merry Christmas!