Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A 4th of July Patriotic Journal Page

I needed something different to do today. Just a project to sit down and not think about a whole lot.
 
Just-let-it-flow-type piece.........make a Journal Page!
 
So I dragged out my Watercolor Paper Journal by Pentalic.
 
It's not your typical Red-White and Blue, but I like the Sea to Shining Sea colors...shall we say.
 
 
This is the left side of the finished layout.
 
 
Bright, bright colors by Dylusions are sprayed onto damp watercolor pages. Since the paper is white, the colors stay really brilliant.
 
I  LOVE bright!
 
I blotted it and sprayed some more yellows into the paper.

 
I used stencils and stamps to add another layer with Archival and Distress Inks.
 
I just like numbers.....so they're there.
 
The phrases ring true as a result of where I am blessed to live.

 
The White Posca pen makes the colors pop and gives certain thoughts a chance to flow.
 
The Black Posca pen is used to trace the diamonds here and ther and fill in spots.


I used Tissue Tape on white cardstock that I cut out and layered onto the page. Tombow pens add bright colors to the Tissue Tape on the stars.
 
Stamps are rolled here and there with Coffee and Olive Archival Inks. My "go to" phrase stamp is actually in the Halloween set. I love it.  
 
Lastly white Gelly Roll Pens are used to write some freedom phrases.
 
Things that matter most....should never be taken for granted....Freedom Rings!
 
Linda
Products Used:

12 comments:

SusanK said...

What a fun patriotic piece! Atypical but the message is still there. Love it!!!!

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for the info on the pens, I will be looking for them.
Love the colors, so. Bright!
Great job Linda!

sam21ski said...

Oooh gorgeous, love the colours

Sam xxx

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love all the colors, and the stars are cool!

Julie S said...

What happy pages! I love the bright colors too and the quote is spot on. While I loe the ol' red, white and blue I think it's fantastic that you used an alternative color scheme for your patriotic theme. Well done again!

barbarayaya62 said...

FAB piece!LOve all the colors!!!!!!!! barbarayaya

Jean Bullock said...

Very cool. It is exciting and patriotic.

Beth Norman said...

Your work is stunning. I love the bright colours.

Kay Wallace said...

I am a die-hard Dylusions Inks fan, so this piece really speaks to me! Bravo!

Sandy said...

Hey Linda - really beautiful colors - wonderful pages!!
sandy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous fabulous pages! I love all the wording everywhere....it's like a seek and find! Gorgeous stamping too!

Marjie Kemper said...

Yum! Seriously gorgeous.