Friday, March 18, 2011

Tag Time


Decided after kitting up 3 classes last night until 2AM, that I would play today. Yes, I get my energy at 10PM and then sleep late the next day. I wake up, and then, without getting out of bed, take my nap for the day for the next 30 minutes....therefore saving time in the afternoon from having to lay down like most people.


Take your nap BEFORE you get out of bed....saves time!


Anyway..........here's a little play time I had this morning, yes I do get up when it's still morning!!!


I started with a small manila tag and the new Distress Stains randomly swiped around the tag...let just a tiny bit blend here and there. I used Wild Honey, Fired Brick and Dusty Concord. These colors are nice and bright!!!


Dry and spray with Perfect Pearls Mist Sunflower Sparkle. The picture is a bit dark since it's without a flash using regular light, but otherwise you can't see the sparkle of the PP. The photo does not show the PP nearly as well as they show up in person.




Then I used my new King from the Poker Face Texture Fades set for ATCs. Who said they had to be used JUST for ATCs?????


Take a craft knife and slit the top enough to slide the tag to where you want the embossing to go...a great idea from Tim. Then run through the VAGABOND...love that thing to pieces.


Next apply Black Soot Distress Ink to hit the high points of the embossing. I added white pen dots and accents to give some contrast, and a couple of Bingo line stampings to the edges.


Now, as you can see from the picture, I have the new Scallop and Pinking die from Tim's Alterations. I took the Metal Foil Tape and ran a piece on the edge to create a little strip of pinked edges. I LOVE this new die!!!!!




Then you can emboss with the Matrix Dot Texture Fade....COOL! Add a strip to the top and bottom of the tag.



I cut a piece of Manila cardstock to lay the tag on and used the Scallop side of the die to cut the bottom edge. Add Wild Honey Distress Ink and a touch of Vintage Photo to the tag. Punch a hole through the bottom tag.


Layer up the embossed tag, add a few dots in the scallops, tie a shiny ribbon through the top, and you're done!!!!!



Then I have to show you the gorgeous tag I got from Chelle who's on the Design Team with me for Inspiration Emporium. It's outstanding!!! And see the little Green Stamps at the top???? Ha! I used to love to cash them in for stuff down the street from my office building. Something for nothing. Days gone by.


Anyway, that's it for today.


Monday should bring my tutorial on Scrapbook News and Review using the Artful Dwellings and Metal Foil Tape on a tag. Check it out.


Have a great weekend........Spring will be here shortly according to Emma!


Linda

19 comments:

SusanK said...

Wowsa! I just got the same set of Texture Trades and was planning on using the queen on a tag. My muse must have tapped into yours when you sent us some sunshine! : ) Loved collecting green stamps!!!! It was like shopping and not paying for something! lol

Scrap Vamp said...

Wow, your tag is GORGEOUS! Love the embossed card image and the metal! So very cool!

G Peplow said...

Hello again, love your fabulous tag, zingy colours and all that gorgeous texture, yum:0)
Chelle's tag's pretty amazing as well, beautiful creating:0) xxx

Suzanne Bouchard said...

LInda your King tag is stupendous! Just fabulous,regal, colorful and playful too. I want to make one like this as soon as the products come in my side of the planet.

Shoshi said...

Lovely colours and textures!

Kathy Eddy said...

Great tags Linda, both of them! love that metal edge die strip you did!

KathyGielow said...

Love your tag Linda! Thanks for sharing it

Lori said...

Love that tag, the colors are great. And that metal edging really sets it off! The tag from Chelle is great too!

carriep said...

I'll have to remember to tag my nap before getting out of bed!

Becky said...

the tag is great, but I really like your idea about napping before you get out of bed. So that's what I'll say is the reason I slept so late...

2amscrapper said...

loved reading about all the details on that gorgeous tag! also loved Chelle's tag. I have a collection of those green stamps waiting for a project!

misteejay said...

What a lovely piece. Love all the colour & texture of this item - it is just super.

Toni :o)

cheryl said...

oh wow hun you always achieve such amazing effects,with your,dies,the detail,you always put in to each piece of art is just amazing,good idea about the extra sleep in the morning hun,may have to try that hugs cheryl xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh, gorgeous tags.. loving the pinking metal idea, makes a FAB embellie!! Hope you have a good weekend... thanks for the tip on napping, I will try that tomorrow lol x

Candy C said...

Hey Linda...you are a HOOT! I love your advice to take a nap BEFORE you get out of bed...saves time! haha Your tag is beautiful! LOVE all of the techniques and layering of things you did. I can't wait to get my hands on the new edge dies and texture fades. You really used them to perfection!

Two Dog Pond said...

I would like to be a fly on the wall and watch you work! You're amazing! Beautiful tags. (I'm not giving up my afternoon naps, though)

Barbara Mason said...

Linda love this tag!!! Just received these TTs myself and as I am a poker player...same woman's group for over 12 years, I will soon get busy putting these to use!!! Love the metal and those colors are too grand....

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag!!!! Yes, it will be very spring-like the next 3-4 days and then we will have winter again... sigh!!!!!

Jewellery Bijou said...

Wow,your blog is so beautifull,I am going to visit you often,I love it!please visit me too:

www.jewellerybijou.com
hugs
Dorota