Monday, January 31, 2011

Tim Holtz- Sewing Room Project

Another day of ugly weather, so I might as well post a picture of a project. I really got so engrossed in gluing my Graphic 45 Steampunk project, I forgot about the blog posts.

This is a hanger I found at Craft's Direct when I was up in Minnesota last fall. I'd been saving it for something special, and when I got my "Tim Goodies" I knew it was definitely what I needed. I love the black enamel knob on the hook. Wish I'd bought a boxful of them now!!! Would be a great class.

I sprayed it with Adirondacks Color Wash Sprays as well as the Grungepaper Dress Form and the Lavish Trimmings ribbon. I used 2 colors to make a variegated look Red Pepper and Sunset Orange.



This is using Tim's new Alteration Die Sewing Room. How fun is this??? It has the dress form, spool image and a button shape. The papers are his Crowded Attic Paper Stash collection and the Accoutrements top it off. I used a stamp from Mini-Ornates collection on the spool.

I penned in hand-stitching along the edges but used the real sewing machine down both sides.

The wings are Distress Inked with Old Paper and Sprayed with Kiwi Perfect Pearl Mists. Hard to see, but really sparkly in person. Love it on the Grungeboard Elements Wings.

This also has a crown from the new Adornments, the Plaquette number plate, and the Hanger Clips. See the details on his blog here.

Somewhat glad to be home and not at the airport trying to get back to Illinois. A lot of states here are bracing for a Winter Blizzard tonight. I can hardly wait!!

Be well and Be safe, all my Friends in ART!


Linda

25 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow this is just brilliant,love all the different elements in this,hun gosh love visiting your blog always so inspiring,hugs cheryl xxxx

Scrap Vamp said...

Such a fantastic project! That would make a great home decor item!

Daniele said...

brill project, lovin' the sewing bits n' bobs.
hugs

Kathyk said...

Loving this project - especially the wings and have been reminded that I have that kiwi perfect pearls so just might have to dig it out tomorrow!!

Glad you aren't out in the storms too.

Kathy Kirby

Unknown said...

I love this, how creative.

Martha Richardson said...

Love this...yes you should have bought the whole lot!

Hels Sheridan said...

Can't speak... cos I am...


swoooooning!!


Tis...


DIVINE!!! xx

Lynne Forsythe said...

GASP......breathe.....breathe....breathe!! GASP....(it's just not working) because this is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!! I MUST have that die!!

Terry said...

Oh this is almost painful for my eyes to take in that much Goodness! What is a woman to do! Love this!

Kathy Eddy said...

Another wonderful piece. You just keep amazing me.

Jen Crossley said...

Another wonderful project LInda just awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh my.....Linda you are simply
Fab-u-lous!

Donna said...

Love, Love, Love this! I have to get this Alteration die for sure, this is at the top of my list of have to haves from tim's new stuff!

Candy C said...

This is wonderful, Linda. Very creative and love the colors! This project is very much your style! I saw your work at CHA and it was stunning! Loved it! You did a wonderful job!

SusanK said...

Nothing like making art inside while God is busy creating art outside. This is neat! Coming from a line of sewers this is just up my alley.

Helen said...

Another great project, Linda! Running out of words...

misteejay said...

What a super item - I love all the detail.

Temps here in the UK have dropped sharply over the last few days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't get another roundof snow.

Keep safe and warm...and keep crafting.

Toni xx

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and I so can't wait for the dress form to come out! ;)

Debby said...

Another gorgeous piece! Love how you combined everything.

Lori said...

Zowie! This is fantastic!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oh so NEED this stash!! lol
gorgeous!

Beate said...

Man, all your projects look amazing! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! So many gorgeous details to look at and discover.
Hugs and smiles

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!

Shelly Hickox said...

I love this and all of your CHA pieces. You are so incredibly talented! I could look at your blog all day long. :-)

Anonymous said...

This design is steller! You definitely know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my
own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how
you presented it. Too cool!