Sunday, August 22, 2010

Secret Bird Society Altered Box

I LOVE turquoise and brown together. I LOVE the new KaiserCraft 6x6 paper pads, chipboard cutouts, tag books, and coordinating stamps. They take all the guesswork out of putting a project together. The tags are too cute, and they fit perfectly on the 6 sides of the box.

Having said that, this is a box that I made with the Secret Bird Society collection and all their products in this line. I used some Distress Ink, and Distress Stickles here and there. Tombow pens were used for added color on the top chipboard pieces.


Lots of Glaze Pen marks to add some dimension. Add chipboard scraps to lift the little pieces up a bit. The clear stamps have fabulous detail!


Their stamps were stamped randomly to cover every little bit of space I could find. The papers around the box lid are too wonderful. The pictures do not show the gorgeous gold metallic script in the turquoise paper, but it is my favorite of the whole set.

If you want a bunch of great stuff with everything imagined for you, you cannot go wrong with Kaiser.....thanks a bunch Melissa!!! It was great fun making this project.
~
The class yesterday at PAS was fantastic. A mix of Newbies and Masters to create a great blend of fun. The Desk Organizer class was sold out by then end of the day....but they decided to add a couple of more seats! So act now!
~
Hope you had a good weekend!

14 comments:

Lori said...

I'm gonna give the droolability on this piece a 19 out of 10 on the droolability scale. 10 is the highest, btw! rofl. Love the images and the colors. I really like the realistic look of the botanicals and birds. So glad your class was awesome and that it sold out! That's wonderful!

Unknown said...

That is a great project! And I don't usually get to excited about the that color combo--or pink and brown either. I think it's all the variety, texture, and dimention that make it all work so well!

Helen said...

What a great project. Love it!

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGOEUS.. I love brown and turquoise together too... and.. am loving your Tim piece.. the wavy lines around the ticket stamp are just inspired xx

Kathy Eddy said...

This is a gorgeous project!

Two Dog Pond said...

Love the birds. Very nicely executed! You're going to have to start holding your classes in auditoriums!!

Sharon Margiotta said...

yes, the turquoise and brown. There is something to be said about just putting together a beautiful piece like that and not having to think about it ... well, except to put your own twist on it. Very nice!

2amscrapper said...

Oh my! I love Kaiser Craft and this is awesome! I'm going to give your link to a friend who loves using Kaiser Craft so that she can see this for herself!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. Its so touchable too
hugs June xxx

Oxana said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!! Thank you Linda for your kind comment in my blog! I appreciate it VERY much!
Oxana

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh this is uber Gorgeous!!! Lovin the whole box!

Netty said...

Have just discovered your blog and its beautiful so am following you. There is so much inspiration here, thank you.
Love your box just magical.
Annette

Rachel Greig said...

This is beautiful Linda!!! (a HUGE congrats on the TH DT too!!!! You so deserve it!!!)

2amscrapper said...

back to tell you I bought 3 sheets of the paper for my own altered art! Just love that Kaiser Craft!