Thursday, October 8, 2009

GrungeBoard Pumpkin


UPDATE: Made him a lid. Ha! Used the Hitch Fastener for a stem.


I live in the city that claims to be the "Pumpkin Capitol of the World" because the Libby plant that cans pumpkin is here.
~
Sooooo, we see a lot of pumpkins.
They're everywhere...in the windows, on the street corners, on flags, on the water tower, even the soccer balls at the weekend tournament were....you guessed it....PUMPKINS. Orange soccer balls with jack-o-lantern faces.

So it is fitting that I would be drawn to making the little orange blob out of Grungeboard and paper. A little battery powered tea light sits inside. Kinda cute.
~
The leaf is of course, Appletini Green Ten Seconds Studio metal run through the Cuttlebug. The curly stuff is GrungePaper.

My fingers have the look of a 4 pack a day smoker. Camels probably.

It will wear off eventually.

Happy Autumn....the pumpkins are here. Oh, and the whole town smells like pumpkins...and that's not like pumpkin pie!

Be well.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This totally rocks hun ... I lurve Pumpkins ... and this one will never go off :0)

Sharon Margiotta said...

How cute is that? Love pumpkin ... pumpkin anything .... does the air around you always smell like pumpkin?? Yum!

Art By Wanda said...

Linda, this is just too cool!!! How big is it?

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Your pumpkin is fantastic. Very cool...
Talk soon-Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey Holtz, love your pumpkin you are sooooo talented....Luv you Freshie

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

I LOVE this pumpkin!

I wandered over to your blog. Found you on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway site. After watching the movie Julie and Julia recently, I've decided to try and go through the ENTIRE OWOH list, from beginning to end, in 90 days and connect/reconnect with all the artists and blogs that truly inspire me! Your blog is amazing and really resonated with me!

A bit about me. I'm a mystery writer, jewelry artist, and college professor. Yes, and a Gemini, if you couldn't tell! Here is my blog, where I blend my mystery writing and jewelry craft:
www.thehousemysteries.type pad.com
My first mystery Keeping House: A Madame President mystery just came out on Amazon.
Take care and as Julia Child might say, "Bon Blogging!"
Denise

kelsey said...

How cute is this pumpkin!!! Halloween doesn't make a big splash down here in Australia so we don't do the whole carving pumpkin thing but I DO love pumpkin pie!!! lol

Kim D. said...

Love the pumpkin!!!! How did you do it? Did you use a pattern or just freehand a pumpkin. Love it but then again Fall is my favorite time of year!

Linda M. Cain said...

Kim,
I drew the idea on paper and worked around a few problems before I cut it out on the GB.
Thanks for asking.

Linda

The Artistic Spirit said...

you go girl. great pumkin. i see your getting some very interesting guests. you are inspiring. fran

Sue McGettigan said...

That is just SO cute - love the hitch fastener stem :)

Jen Crossley said...

Totally awesome Linda you are amazing